1.15.2010

My Grandmother's Almound Tea Ring


My oldest brother has been asking me to make my Grandmas's famous almond tea ring. So he quickly got the recipe from my dad, who was conveniently at church when I decided to make it.



I know it can't be seen but it was difficult to read.


So I made a goof while making it! I added 1 cup of milk instead of a 1 tbsp, so it winded up being really runny. I set it aside and remade a new batch making sure that I followed the recipe carefully. I did make some use of that sticky dough though... that's to follow.



The second time around it turned out great! I rolled it out and put the almond paste in the middle. Afterwards, I realized I needed to fold the dough again after buttering it, but it was too late. This would have made the final product more flaky. oops!


The formed almond tea ring ready for the hot oven!


Hot out of the oven. While it was cooling I made the glaze that goes on top.


I let it cool for about 5-10 mins before I glazed it. Now I just needed the final approval....


...AND it's a thumb up!! Yay!


I do think it turned out differently then it normal does. I would have liked to make it the first time with my Dad, but there is always next time. It still tasted great and it was a neat to make something my brother and I grew up on. Thank you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment